My name is Karee and I am the mother of three beautiful blessings, Sophia 10, Clayton 3, and Cason 9 months. My oldest son Clayton was diagnosed with autism in January of 2011. I have dedicated my life to serving God, Sharing my true love for my Savior Jesus Christ, being the best mom I can be, and raising autism awareness by having a voice in the autism community. For my hobbies I sing in a worship band called The Magic Valley Jubilee and also am starting my own party planning business.
Friday, August 5, 2011
My first Blog...oh I have so much to say!!!
I know there are so many blogs out there and each are so different in their own way because each person behind them is unique. We are all alike in someway, but there is always something that sets us apart. I guess what sets my blog apart is doing everyday things a Christian mommy of three does, but with a little added battle and blessing called autism. I know so many other parents of special needs children know what I'm talking about. Every day is a roller coaster in my house. Every day is full of new worries that come up in my mind, whether they are warranted or not is still to be seen. Honestly the reason I started this blog is to show people without special needs children that we do basically the same thing with our kids, we just have to go about it a different way. I can't tell you how many people stare or have advice for me about my son. Then I explain that he has autism and I get the famous "Oh, I'm sorry" or "Aw, he doesn't look like it." I wish instead of these reactions we had people ask questions to so we as parents could help them understand instead of feeling like we are constantly having to defend our children and ourselves from their uneducated judgments. I truly hope my blogs will help bring hope, patience, love, peace, understanding, and pride in our beautiful children with this blessing and battle called autism.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment